Thursday, April 27, 2006

How to Over Come a SELF-DESTRUCTIVE ATTITUDE

As recently as last week my fiance Casey was down on her luck. Anything that came out of her mouth was negative and depressing. All she could see was the negative in everything. She was looking for reasons to be upset and she found them.

Not much was changing, and being the motivational speaker that I am, I was beginning to wonder if I picked the right career. I could not get her out of her depression.

Then I had an idea! Out of no where it came to me. I simply said “hey Casey why don’t you e-mail me one thing you accomplished today and every day for one week.”

You would not believe the difference! Just seeing all the emails at the end of the week changed her entire perspective about live. I guess that the way to over come a self-destructive attitude is to realize that YOU are a GREAT person.

When she was shown all the things she had accomplished she started looking at the successes not the failures. When you can focus on your successes people will see you as a more positive person, and you will see yourself as a more positive person.

Think about this!!!!
Is it a bad day or do you see it as a bad day?

No comments: