Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Advertising in Unlikely Places



Today in between sales calls I went to the book store to do some research. While I was there something interesting happened. I ran into a gentleman whom I happened to know from a while back.

He asked me what I was doing these days and I responded with a power packed phrase, “at Hometown Family Savings, we help companies increases opportunities for specific industries such as home & garden, restaurant, children & teen activities, and holiday gifts!”

I asked if he had a minuet and he did. I went into my presentation at the Barnes and Noble off Midrivers mall drive. (Thank you for the good coffee Sam).

By the end of that encounter I was able to help another business owner increase his opportunities and increase his exposure to 130,000+ homes.

Always be ready for anything.

Advertising morale: Like my encounter at the book store, nonprofits can find customers/funders in unlikely places. Remember to keep 3 things in mind when advertising:

1. Target your message – Like I did. I was able to use the book store to build common points of interest.
2. Use powerful wording – The words you choose move people to action whether they are written or spoken.
3. Be in front of the customer when they are ready to buy- the customer was obviously in the mood to spend money, it just so happened our publication appealed to him and he was ready to make a purchase/decision.

No comments: