Thursday, May 11, 2006

Any Business Owners that Need Training Call Me!!!


8 out of 10 businesses will fail in the first year of operations. Each and every day I find another business owner that actually has no clue what in the world he/she is doing. There are so many businesses out there that fail and now I understand why.

Today while I was out soliciting potential advertisers, I found a couple more of those business owners that I just wish had a clue. Today started Ok things were going fine. The first business owner was perfectly normal. He pretty much had things under control. But things went down hill quickly.

At one point I remember going into a restaurant and I remember the owner saying to me, “we already advertised on the radio, in the newspaper, and other publications for May. None of them have worked out.”

I ask him, “How do you track your response, how can you tell if they worked or not?”
With a confused look on his face he replied, “Track my response?”
I said “yeah, you know, how do you measure your return on investment?”
He looked puzzled and responded, “Return on Investment?”

I sat down with him and tried to helped him understand that a return on investment means an increase in the amount of money you make after (advertising) spending money to better the business and so on…..

I still don’t know if he understands, but what I do know is that if there was any way at all to help this business owner I wish I could do it. Training business owners seems to be 80% of sales.

When I finally help this business owner understand what is going on I am sure he will buy from me. The reason he will buy is because I know our Direct Advertising Magazine (Hometown Family Savings) will help him grow his business. He just doesn’t understand that yet.

Why do businesses fail? Many people will tell you things like:
Lack Of Capital
Poor Management
Flooded Market
Trend Dies

I think a business can only grow if:.
Research The* owner is well educated
Plan The* owner sets Value-Goals
Implement The* owner practices horizontal leadership
Evaluate The *owner does not have a self-destructive attitude.
*Owner can be replaced with CEO, President, Boss, or Manager

Do you understand Return On Investment (ROI)?

No comments: