Friday, May 12, 2006

A Testimonial from a Volunteer


I am a volunteer, and I was asked to help your organization. I am dedicated to helping the people this organization serves.

I am your volunteer, and I need an orientation. I am not just free labor. I am not here to just clean the floors or take out trash (although I will).

I am a volunteer, and I want to make a difference. I have a career already, and I came to your organization ready to use the skills I have already developed to fulfill the (organizations) mission. In every way I want to help because I love what this organizations stands for.

I am a volunteer, and I want people to at least say thank you to me, when I do something.

I am a volunteer, and I spend my own money, time, and resources to help this organization.

I am a volunteer, and this organizations success depends on my ability to perform. I struggle with my family, friends, and peers; they do not understand why I a volunteer.

I am a volunteer, to give to the community so that other do not have to suffer, so that kids can grow up with the right head on their shoulders, so that people can have the same opportunities as myself.

I am a volunteer, and I would put my life on the line to defend this organization because I stand by the principals from which it was founded. I want people to know that the values of this organization are the same as mine.

I am a volunteer to bring peace in the world, to those who are attacked in this world’s war, and they don’t know why, or how come.

Yes! I am a volunteer, and I know that this organization, with all my heart, represents me and I represent this organization. Where you lead me I will follow and where I lead you, you too will follow.

I am a volunteer changing the world, living in the world, and helping the world one person at a time.

Are you a volunteer?

No comments: